What Is An Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is work based training that can be used to upskill current staff or develop the skills of new recruits, enabling them to earn while they learn, gaining essential skills and achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
Within the ever changing and demanding Food Manufacturing sector, the need to improve productivity and reduce costs, whilst having a continued and sustainable growth programme has never been more important.
The Food Manufacturing Excellence programme will be aimed at supporting a continuous improvement culture within your business. Our team of trainers and specialists can provide the support and coaching, at all levels, to help you achieve this.
What Work Will The Apprentice Be Expected To Do?
The many tools within the qualifications include:
- Change Management
- Waste identification and reduction (enhanced resource utilisation)
- Action Plans including PDCA
- Process Confirmation
- KPI measures and trends
- Problem Diagnosis and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement
- Plant and Equipment Efficiencies
- QCO/SMED – Quick Changeover
- Data collection and analysis
- Process and Value Stream Mapping
- Process confirmation
- Visual Management
Food Manufacturing Qualifications
The FME qualifications can provide a bespoke collection of change management and teamworking tools and techniques, focused on People, Processes and Performance improvement to complement your lean business objectives.
The FME qualifications support knowledge and skill growth at all levels including:
- The production team (Value Adders/Food Handlers) Identifying and supporting implementation of improvements.
- Support Services (Technical/Hygiene/Storage/Logistics/etc.) Identifying and supporting implementation of improvements.
- Team Leaders – Identifying and controlling the implementation of improvements.
- Supervisory and Managerial Roles – Supporting, driving and managing the improvement projects.
How Can Remit Food Help You?
Our team of Trainers, Assessors and Food Manufacturing sector specialists can help and advise you on the most suitable training programme to support your current and future business objectives.