If you are looking to progress your career within the IT & Telecoms sector – this is the apprenticeship for you.
What is an IT Professional apprentice?
This Apprenticeship programme is ideal for new entrants and those looking to progress in their career within the IT & Telecoms sector. It is also designed to provide progression and re-skilling routes for existing IT Professionals in networking, computer hardware systems and systems support roles. These qualifications provide the knowledge and skills required to progress in a wide range of IT roles.
What is the work like?
This Apprenticeship is perfect if you are looking to progress your career in the IT industry. It provides the knowledge and skills required to progress in a wide range of roles.
This can include:
• database administrator
• IT product developer
• telecommunications technician
• systems support desk technician
• web designer
• software developer
• network installation and support technician
On completion of your level 2 Apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress on an advanced Apprenticeship level 3.
- Depending on the pathway that you choose your programme duration can vary between 12 and 15 months
- A Level 3 diploma in IT Professional Competence
- A Level 3 diploma in IT Systems and Principles
- You will have the option to attend day release workshops to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Depending on the chosen pathway you will have the option to gain optional vendor qualifications ranging from one of the following:
-MTA Networking Fundamentals
– MTA Server Administration Fundamentals
-MTA Security Fundamentals
-MCSA Configuring Windows 8/10
MCSA Managing and Maintaining Windows 8/10
What skills are required to gain this apprenticeship?
To be an IT Professional apprentice you will need to demonstrate:
- Good IT skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- An understanding of customer service
- A good work ethic with a determination to succeed
- Ability to work within a team or covering your own caseload of work
What qualifications are required to gain this apprenticeship?
You will need to have gained A-C grades in G.C.S.E English and Maths or if you do not have these grades you will need to work towards your Functional Skills, English and Maths at level two.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in becoming an IT Professional Apprentice you will need to register your interest with Remit by completing the online application here.
For more information on this Apprenticeship please email:
To register your details please click here and fill in the online application.